- Direct Drive Mills
- This revolutionary design eliminates the use of industry standard belt drive. The flywheel for the rotating disks is directly connected to the motor shaft, eliminating the belt drive, bearing housing and motor adjustment fixture. The direct drive provides 100% of the available horse power, which belt drive models do not. The direct drive saves our customers the expense of stocking expensive drive parts, bearings, seals, belts, spindle shaft or complete bearing housing assembly. The direct drive also eliminates down time due to bearing or belt failure.
- Heavy Gauge Quick Disconnect Piping
- The piping is heavier gauge than our competition and the clamps connecting each joint are forever clamps with positive O-ring seal to eliminate leaking of powder at the connection.
- 75 HP and 60 HP High-Efficiency Cast Iron Motors
- Large Capacity Rotationally Molded Plastic Pellet Hopper with Center Flow
- 10 Cu. Ft. 350 lbs. Center flow eliminates hang-ups of material in the hoppers. Largest capacity – 2-1/2 times the size of competitor’s standard hopper.
- Standard Upper & Lower Operator Work Platforms
- Improved operator safety and access to everything on the machine.
- Extra thick, heavy-duty malleable steel housings are cast in one-piece for increased safety.
- All Eaton Cutler Hammer Electrical Components
- 8″ Panel Mate Operator Touch Screen, Eaton Logic Control PLC, Contactors, Starters. The industry standard with worldwide accessibility to parts and service.
- Optional Variable Frequency Drives that reduce the in-rush of electricity to 30 AMPS and consumption during start-up. This reduces demand of electricity at start-up which results in huge electrical savings for our customers. 50 Hz machine are standard with VFD.
- High Output Vibratory Feeder – Eriez 26C- 99% efficient – professionally designed cyclone eliminates carryover dust and product loss.
- 15hp High-Efficiency Blower that creates the exact vacuum to move the product through the 8” Airlock system at the required velocity.
- 6-Deck Great Western Sifter
- (3) Single Stud Disk Gap Adjusters per mill that Allow adjustment of the disk gap from outside the mill. Integrated spring loaded mechanism on stud provides single point adjustment.
- Water Jacketed Stationary Adjusting Fixture for Stationary Disks
- “Y” mainline vacuum pipe to the mills allows for equal vacuum draw at both mills, thus increasing the airflow to the mill chambers. This allow increased material flow capabilities in the mill chambers.
- 20″Abrasive Resistant Disk Technology that are 30% larger than comparable models resulting in 20% to 30% greater output than similar models on the market. This disk design lasts 4-to-5 times longer than conventional disks. The disks inner clamp and outer segments secure the disks.
- Small Machine Footprint – Optimized Vertical Footprint – Reduced floor space requirements. Optimized vertical footprint maximizes powder discharge height. Equipment is designed to accept the largest gaylord available in addition to discharging the center of the box. No need to remove piping for oversized gaylords.
- Maintenance Friendly Design – Component layout design for easy access to motors, grease fittings
- Motors have single point adjustor for efficient belt adjustment.
Machine ships in (3) fully assembled, pre-wired pieces. No field wiring, except incoming power, required.
Cost Savings Associated with In-house Pulverizing.
Pulverizing in-house generates savings as much as 6 to 8 cents per pound compared to purchasing your resin in powder form. Buying pellets and pulverizing in-house is an excellent alternative to make your company more competitive in today’s marketplace.
Our Commitment to Your Quality
Powder King® is unique in that our commitment to quality extends beyond what we manufacture into what you manufacture. Our disks and airflow management technology are engineered to consistently achieve perfect particle distribution and the required bulk density and dry powder flow. We have an operator-training program that provides operators a comprehensive understanding of pulverizing and focuses on maintaining the highest level of powder quality.